Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

To separate or not to separate, that is the question...

Okay folks. Remember when I said I had creative ADD? I may have it, but I don't want my shop to.  I originally started my Taiwosoaps Etsy as strictly body products.  I also started my JesPlayin Etsy shop even before that one.  That shop was for my vintage, restyled, and jewelry products.  In my infinite wisdom I decided to bring the earrings over to the Taiwosoaps page, because they seemed to go together well.  Beautiful products that make you feel beautiful, right? I also combined the two so that everything can be in one place. Well, I'm starting to think that may not be such a good idea now.

I'm thinking of separating the two product because I feel they have totally different vibes.  I have been exploring some new jewelry methods that I'm really excited about, and I think they deserve their own space once it's all said and done.  Focus is something I struggle with on a daily basis, but I don't want it to show in my shop.  So, I ask all you wise readers out there: To separate or not to separate?  Give me a well thought out argument below, and there just might be something in it for you!

2 comments:

Sanura at MyLifeRunsOnFood.com said...

It's difficult for creatives to adhere to one definition, because their creativity and curiosity will eventually place them into another category. Keep it together and go for the bohemian energy. I like the idea of earrings, soaps and refurbished chairs all mixed together. It's the element of surprise that will drive more people to your website.

Shonda said...

I, like you, am having the same issues...do I keep my photography business in with my digital publication business? I mean the two go together, yet some people strictly want one service and not both.

For now I am keeping mine together for the simplicity of it and for the name...so that the name gets recognized and they aren't confused with more than one name. (make sense)??

Hope that helps and GOOD LUCK!